A warm welcome to regional, national, and international credentialed members of the press. Thank you for your interest in the Bay Area Book Festival.
You’ll find everything you need to get started here, including press releases, Q&A, detailed program descriptions, downloadable photos, logos, and more.
The Festival has earned a reputation as a world-class literary event that brings together some of the most acclaimed authors from the Bay Area, nation, and world. Nine days of lively discussion, literary celebration, and fun activities for both adults and children offer a wealth of opportunities for media coverage.
We provide press passes to credentialed media. Our Festival Director and many of the presenters are available for interview. If you’d like to attend the Festival or need more information, please contact Julia Drake.
- May 18, 2023: Books, brews, Baez: The Daily Californian: 2023 Bay Area Book Fest champions counterculture, change
- May 4, 2023: Berkeleyside: Picture book authors aim to expand kids’ palates, healthy eating at Bay Area Book Festival, May 6
- May 3, 2023: Local News Matters: International guests join local literary community for Berkeley’s Bay Area Book Festival
- May 3, 2023: 48hills: From ‘Vagina Monologues’ to ‘Reckoning,’ V still fights for women’s voices and dreams
- May 1, 2023: Local News Matters: Gripping history about a slave couple’s escape among Bay Area book fest’s plentiful offerings
- May 1, 2023: KQED: Our Picks for the 2023 Bay Area Book Festival
- May 1, 2023: 48hills: Bay Area Book Fest turns the page to a new era—but first, a weekend worth a million words
- May 1, 2023: Nob Hill Gazette: Spotlight on Cherilyn Parsons
- April 29, 2023: 7×7.com: 25 Fun Things To Do This Week
- April 28, 2023: MSN.com: Hooked on Books: What to read before you go—books that prepare you for that place you’ve never been
- April 28, 2023: Berkeleyside: Legendary Oakland librarian Dorothy Lazard appearing at the Bay Area Book Festival
- April 27, 2023: The Bay Area Reporter: Going Out, April 27-May 5, 2023
- April 27, 2023: Bookwaves (KPFA): Interview with Bay Area Book Festival Program Director Norah Piehl
- April 24, 2023: Edible East Bay: Overview of Festival Food Programming
- April 20, 2023: Atherton Living “Bay Area Book Fest Highlight”
- April 9, 2023: The Sunday Show (KPFA): Interview with Adam Hochschild and preview of the Festival
- April 6, 2023: The San Francisco Chronicle: Bay Area Book Festival founder to step down
- March 27, 2023: Patch: Bay Area Book Festival Set To Return In May
- March 24, 2023: San Francisco Chronicle: Joan Baez, W. Kamau Bell to headline 9th Bay Area Book Festival
- January 24, 2023: Edible East Bay: Crying at H Mart Author Event Almost Sold Out!